November 12, 2011

Finding Girls for Bible Study

I was on campus last week working on things and I overheard two freshmen girls talking and then they brought up "church" and I decided to eavesdrop a little bit.  I knew the second that they brought that up, I had to talk to them.  It took me about 15 minutes to work up the courage to stand up and go to their table.  By the time I got to them they were already on a different subject.  I told them that I didn't mean to overhear their conversation but I heard them talking about church and I told them that I was a Catholic missionary on campus.  They were very interested in what I had to say after that.  I invited them to go to Mass and told them where both the church and Catholic Campus Center was.  I almost walked away after that because they were packing up their stuff but then I asked them if they would be interested in Bible studies and they were very interested in that.  They gave me their numbers and I have been inviting them to things since then.  It hasn't bore fruit yet, but I have a good feeling about it!

~Kelly Huber, Missionary at University of Northern Colorado

No comments:

Post a Comment